Thursday, August 13, 2009

FM 707.1 Marketing Update for the Weeks of August 3rd 2009 and August 10th 2009

Hi everyone,
My name is Fahd Mirza and you are reading the FM 707.1 Marketing Update for the week of August 3rd 2009 and August 10th 2009. These past two weeks have been intensely busy and highly productive for our marketing team.
Last week, we had organized a massive bake sale having more than 400 baked items to sell. This event managed to raise a net profit of $500.04 Cdn Dollars. All the funds would be directed towards our research project. We had also managed to get sponsorships from Corning Life Sciences (Thanks to Prima Moinul) and VWR Scientific (Courtesy Fahd Mirza) last week. Our July newsletter was also ready to be sent out to potential/current/future sponsors and to media organizations who gave us media coverage. I want to thank Jamie Feng and Prima Moinul for doing a marvelous job on the newsletter.
Nexen Inc. was declared our Sponsor of the Month for the month of August. It is with Nexen Inc.’s generous donation that iGEM Calgary would be able to achieve its goals.
This week, our iGEM Calgary team toured the Oil Sands in Fort McMurray courtesy of Andrew Hessel and OSLI (Oil Sands Leadership Initiative). The tour was a great learning experience and an exciting opportunity for iGEM Calgary team to work on future potential synthetic biology projects for iGEM. It was also an opportunity for our marketing team to form important partnerships with the Oil and Gas Development companies.
We are still working on getting more sponsorship for our research project and I hope that we are successful in this endeavor. Within the next couple of weeks our marketing team will be working on our August newsletter and getting media coverage for our project, the All Alberta iGEM Jamboree (also called aGEM) and the iGEM competition itself at MIT.

1 comment:

Kira Roza said...

Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Pedro after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help, but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr. Pedro, Jerome promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay. I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Pedro, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Pedro via WhatsApp +1-8632310632 and his email: pedroloanss@gmail.com, thank you.

Post a Comment